Floating Islands Work Above and Below the Water Line
Floating Islands are floating platforms constructed from recycled PET plastic matrix. Aquatic and terrestrial vegetation is grown hydroponically to create a picturesque waterscape for lakes and ponds above the water, while the roots are working hard below to remove unwanted pollutants.
ABOVE THE WATER LINE
• Provides a protective zone away from predators
• Creates habitat for wildlife and waterfowl
• Enhances the beauty of lake and ponds with native, controlled vegetation.
BELOW THE WATER LINE
• Creates cleaner environments by improving water quality and dissolved oxygen
• Removes unwanted nutrients
• Provides shelter for fish spawning, away from birds and predators
• Increases perphyton growth, which provides a food source for fish
THE BENEFITS OF FLOATING ISLANDS
"The unique capability of these wetlands to provide habitat for diverse biota under conditions of high water fluctuation should be particularly appealing to communities strongly influenced by lake recreation."
Visit our Resources Page for more information about Floating Islands.
We will collaborate with you to determine the best options for your project needs.
We have the expertise to create a successful project.
We manufacture all of our products in Baton Rouge, LA.
We have the experience and expertise to install or manage the installation of your project.